Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been a while...

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on here, so the next few posts will be updates on what we've been up to!

In the not so good news department, our home was broken into and some of our things were stolen at the beginning of October. Thank
fully, we were not home, and my brother was here visiting (so I had some moral support upon finding this out), and not many things were taken. Only Matt's laptop (hence the lack of posts on our blog), and my jewelry box were stolen. We were a bit shaken up, since it happened in the middle of the day, but we're okay. =)

The up-side of having your things stolen is...having renter's insurance so you can get new stuff!! We were reimbursed for our stolen goods, and are now the very happy owners of a new (and much faster and better) computer and a new desk for it to live on.

Other not so great news is that I am still unemployed. The job market is quite tough down here, and I have a LOT of competition. I am hanging in there though. I have had lots of support from family and friends, which has helped me maintain my faith and confidence.

All of the extra time on my hands has been good though, as we've had family come to visit! Matt's parents came to visit toward the end of October, and my parents were here this week.


So, if you're still reading, here's some pics to make it worth your while. These pics are from the Corvette Funfest festival I was able to attend with my brother and my dad.

My brother George and my dad, with their cars. My brother's car is a '74 Vette that was passed down to him from my dad, who bought the car in 74! We are definitely a Corvette family.


This is my dream car...and I will own one someday! It's the 50th Anniversary model.
Stay tuned for more pics!

No comments: