Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year, New US!!

I have been on a blogging break for quite a while now, so I decided to post an update. Plus, I am avoiding the work that may keep me up all night...what's another 15 minutes?!

We had a busy Holiday season! We left on Christmas Eve (
since the roads were terrible the day before) for my parent's house, and celebrated Christmas with them this year. My mom made an awesome meal, as always, and we played games and just had a blast. The next day, we headed out for Matt's parent's house, leaving the cats with my parents- they love to cat-sit! We spent the weekend with Matt's family, eating lots of great food (they really know how to have a feast!), playing games, and laughing.

We came home for a few days, since I had to go back to
work, then we decided to ring in the New Year with Matt's sister and her family in Indy, since most of Matt's Family were there too. We had so much fun, and got to celebrate Kaelobbe's birthday with them too. We headed back home again on New Year's Day, and got home just as my brother pulled into town from South Carolina! We visited with him and he headed for the Quad Cities to pick up his wife on Friday. We spent the weekend with them at my parent's house, and time went by way too fast. I cherish every moment I get with my brother, since he is in the Navy, and I only usually get to see him about once a year, for only a few short days.

Anyway, things have now calmed down a bit. Matt worked the Illinois High School Theatre Festival at the Krannert last week, which, we calculated, ended up being 85 hours of work in 6 days! The extra money will be nice though, and he had fun, for the most part.

We decided to rearrange some things in our house, and moved Matt's office into the spare room with mine, and moved our elliptical into his old office, where the extra TV is! It is so nice to be able to have the TV as a distraction while exercising! And I have actually been exercising!!! Okay, it has only been 2 days so far, but I'm off to a good start. I wish I had before pictures, but here's the after:

I have extra motivation to get fit, as I am going to be running a 5k in April in the Christie Clinic/Illinois Marathon. Relax, it's only a bit over 3 miles, I'm not crazy! But I am excited, and Matt is going to run with me. Such a good hubby. :0)

We've been trying to eat healthier as well, and here's one example. I made some awesome salads for dinner tonight, and they were yummy and good for us!
Doesn't that look delicious? Here's to sticking to a goal... Hope you all are doing well with your New Year's plans!

3 comments:

Jessica Bybee said...

What is on the salad? It looks delicious! Maybe someday I will have a extra TV and tredmill to work out with--- I am jealous!

Becca said...

that salad looks so good. way to go on your goal. Having a tv to work out with always helps. We just got david's parents old tv and vcr and then we bought a dvd player for our workout room and it is so much easier to work out:)

Tiffany said...

I want your salad recipe, it looks yummy. Way to go on getting things more organized!